Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) Drum Composter
Mixture ratio e.g. : 10 kg wet waste : 1 kg Saw Dust : 10 Grams Bio-culture powder
- First Segregate the Organic Waste. Remove Plastics, metal etc.
- Put this waste in Green Tumbler along with the Saw Dust and Bioculture as per above ratio.
- Rotate the Green Tumbler for 5 to 10 Minutes.
- Repeat the Procedure every day till the green tumbler fill with full capacity.
- During the process keep drain out tap/cock in open condition.
- Once the Green Tumbler is full with capacity of 200 kgs. Keep it for curing for 21 days.
- Rotate the Green Tumbler alternate day in curing period for 5 to 10 minutes.
- During the rotation close the nob or drain out tap/cock.
- After curing period remove the compost formed and keep it for drying on ground.
- While removing the compost open the input door full and lock backside.
- The gasket is provided to input section with self-life of about 3 years.
- Volume Reduction in Output is 80-90 % achieved. i.e. for 200 kg organic waste about 30-40 kg compost will be the output.
- Organic Waste : 70 % Food Waste and 30 % Garden Waste-leaves, grass etc.